Sunday, April 26, 2009

R.I.P.

So it's 5:20 in the morning and I can't sleep.  I have a lot of random nuisance-like problems lately, such as tons of homework, finals, sickness, money (lack-there-of) and wildfires threatening my family's homes back in SC.


But the very worst of all  this week, to paramount all of these relatively minor issues, is the very sad loss of my Grandmother Lillian.  I managed to surmount the courage to visit her before she passed on Thursday night and the image is still burned into my brain.  She was surrounded by family, fighting for breath and for her life.  Her emphysema was complicated by an infection, which was brought on by a compromise in her immune system from her rheumatoid arthritis medication.  It pretty much rendered her lungs all but useless, and it was such irreparable damage that she signed a d.n.r. and was made comfortable until her passing at 6 am in the morning days later.






R.I.P. Grandma Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment