Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Agony

So I think i need to sue my orthopedist. I have tendonitis in my left wrist, which makes it very painful to write (since i am left handed) as well as open bottles and lift heavy things. Being a theater major and having to work in the shop is very difficult to do with this, especially since i hate saying "hey, i can't do that because of blah blah..". So in order to expedite my recovery I was given a cortisol shot two months ago. In the last two weeks the area where i got the shot has turned red and purple, the skin is very dry and sensitive. I go back to the doctor and he tells me that I had a rare reaction to the cortisol which de-pigmentates the skin on my wrist and also dissolved the fat in that area. I cannot expose this spot to the sun now at all because there is no pigment in my wrist to protect me from it, also it is very thin and delicate, making it very easy to scratch or cut open. So not only do i have these side effects to deal with but the shot was rendered ineffective, making it impossible to get one again. I did physical therapy once before and it help with the pain but only slightly. If the anti-inflamitory he gave me does not help it looks like my only option left is to get surgery, most likely this summer. Luckily the injury was declared work-related so i don't have to pay for any of the medical bills and i can go on disability, but i shouldn't have to! FML

No comments:

Post a Comment